Voice (also called diathesis) of a verb describes the relationship between the action (or state) that the verb expresses and the participants identified by its arguments (subject and object).
In the UNLarium, the voice values are the following:
To be represented by attributes:
- @active is the default voice and may be omitted
- He built this house in 1895 = build (or build.@active)
- @active: He built this house in 1895
- @passive: This house was built in 1895.
- @reflexive: He killed himself.
- @reciprocal: They killed each other.